Full of Fall flavors, this ‘Risotto’ uses butternut squash in place of rice for a fabulous gluten-free, grain-free dish.
Prep Time:15 min Cook time: 25 min
- 4 cups of butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup sage leaves, minced
- 4 cups spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup of broth
- Place half of the chopped butternut squash in a food processor or high-speed blender and pulse for 20 seconds at a time, until it is the consistency of rice. Don’t over process. Repeat for remaining squash.
- Heat the coconut oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add onions and mushrooms, cook, stirring until onions are translucent. About 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, sage, and sea salt. Cook for about 2 minutes and getting fragrant.
- Add apple cider vinegar, scraping anything stuck to the pan. Add the processed squash and broth, stirring to incorporate. Cook for about 12 minutes on medium heat uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is absorbed and squash fully cooked.
- Add in spinach leaves, stirring until wilted and incorporated for final 1-2 minutes.